Activated Biochar | Fine
$29.90 AUD excl gst
Activated Biochar Fine 5-10mm x 10 litre
Activated Biochar made in Tasmania using traditional Japanese Cone Kilns, pyrolised at temperatures of 500-700oC, ensuring the integrity of the carbon platelets.
Biochar is microporous, so it improves soil water holding capacity and helps hold nutrients in the soil. It provides a habitat for beneficial microbes and mycorrhizae, supporting soil life.
Recommended application of fine activated biochar:
- Vegetable beds – 300ml-1L/m2 annuallyor biennially to 150mm depth.
- Composts or worm farms – 40-100L/m3.
- Fruit Trees and ornamentals – 10L per 0.1m3
If added annually, fine activated biochar will build up the soil to store more carbon as part of a long term carbon storage strategy.
• Improves soil quality and crop yield;
• Reduces summer heat stress in veggies;
• Added to seed raising mix will increase germination rates;
• Improves microbiology of soil;
• Reduces nutrient run off in high rainfall ;
• Improves soil structure and root growth;
• Stabilises moisture levels;
• Reduces fertiliser use by up to 60%;
• Reduces odour and is beneficial for camp toilets.
All plant material used is carefully selected ensuring the best regenerative outcomes.