Tokyo White Cross | F1 Turnip Seed
$5.92 – $202.83 AUD excl gst
All American Selection Winner
- Smooth white semi-globe-shaped roots can be harvested from 3cm across to 10cm across at maturity
- Maturity 50 days from direct sowing
- Good heat and disease resistance
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Brassica rapa
CULTURE: Turnips are tolerant of moderate frost as seedlings in spring, and as mature plants in autumn. Turnips prefer a fertile, well-drained soil, with a pH of 6.0-7.5. Sow early spring through late summer in a 5-10cm wide band, seeds 2.5cm apart for small turnips or 5cm apart for larger turnips. Sow 6-12mm deep in rows 15-45cm apart.
INSECT PESTS: Floating row covers installed at the time of sowing will keep the turnips free of insect pests, including root maggots.
INTENSIVE SPACING: 6 rows per bed spaced every 5cm on the row
DIRECT SEEDING: Jang seeder wheel Y-24, gear settings 11Front-11Back, brush closed.
HARVEST: Young, radish-size turnips in about 30 days, full size in 40-50 days. Roots are smoothest when small.
STORAGE: Turnips with greens store at 1-2C and 95% relative humidity for 10-14 days. Not intended for long-term winter storage.
AVG. DIRECT SEEDING RATE: 30g/100metres, 2.5kg/acre at 35 seeds/30cm. in rows 15-45cm apart.
SEED SPECS: See individual varieties.
- Latin Name: Brassica rapa
- Optimum soil temp. 10-25c
- Days To Maturity: 50 Days,
- Jang seeder wheel Y-24, gear settings 11Front-11Back, brush closed