Jang JP-1 + 6 | seeder + roller package.
$910.00 – $960.00 AUD excl gst
- The Jang Seeder JP-1 is a manual, precision single row seeder that is the leader in it’s class.
- Quick change rollers allowing you to seed different spacing and sizes quickly and efficiently.
- Includes 6 general rollers A6, L12, MJ12, F24, X24, Y24
- or 1; Specify your chosen 6 rollers in your order including 24 hole rollers.
- 2; List your selection at ‘Order notes (optional)’ in the CHECKOUT
The Jang JP-1 single row seeder including the 6 main seed rollers is the perfect game changing package for anyone serious about profitable market gardening. Containing the six main rollers for variable cropping and microfarming, this package is designed to get you up and running at the most competitive price and quickest delivery.
We have included a range of the same seed wheels we use in our microfarming system for all our direct seeding crops. To access the complete list please see the Jang Seed Rollers page.
Customers get to choose a combination of 6 wheels from our selection. List your selection at ‘Order notes (optional)’ in the CHECKOUT ; A6 larger hole for corn and smaller peas normally valued at $30, any of our stocked 12 hole seed rollers normally valued at $30 each and up to 3 of our stocked selection of 24 hole seed rollers normally valued at $40. Please specify your chosen 6 rollers in your order.
Wheel varieties listed below in order of size (largest to smallest):
- A-6 (Small beans, peas and corn at 100 mm-250 mm apart)
- L-12 (F-12 equivalent) – (spinach at 50 mm-125 mm apart, large beets, okra, Swiss chard at 50-125 mm apart) )
- LJ-12 (deeper hole)
- MJ-12 (beets, pelleted carrots, coriander, coated lettuce, coated onion, sorghum, and baby Swiss chard at 50-125 mm apart)
- YY-12 (small brassica seed)
- LJ-24 (deep hole)
- F-24 (carrots, lettuce, intensive planted kale)
- X-24 (leeks, mesculin, onion, radish, and spring onion at 13 mm – 63 mm apart)
- Y-24 (brassicas, kale, mizuna, hakurei, daikon)
We suggest that you don’t need to interchange spacing gears, as for intensive farming practices transplanting of seedlings for more distantly space vegies is normal.
In this case we suggest you copy our gear position, Number 13 or 14 gear at the front and number 9 at the rear. This will give you a 4-6cm spacing with 12 hole seed wheels; or a 2-3cm spacing with 24 hole seed wheels.
The gears simply lift off the shafts, not bolted and the bicycle style chain simply lifts off and back on. This is the same positioning mentioned for use by Curtis Stone, ‘Urban Farmer’.
Many of J.M. Fortier’s recommended spacings for’ The Market Gardeners Mastrclass’ are suggested in the Selected Seeds listings with the individual seed varieties
The Jang JP-1 represents the worlds best direct seeding technology for all market gardeners. With a bunch of adjustment features and 10 years planning, the Jang JP-1 covers every angle!
- The hand drawn Jang is a vital tool for profitable market gardening and offers a huge range of benefits.
- For use with all small to medium sized seed, carrot, parsnip, lettuce, brassica, beets, radish, spinach and up to corn.
- Perfect for intense planting of leafy greens, kale, radish etc. 11 rows on a 750mm bed.
- Perfectly spaced beets, carrots, hakurei, daikon.
- Adjustable depth settings enables better planning for flame weeding and stale bed weed management practices.
- Over twenty different seed wheels with varying hole widths, depths and numbers, ensuring the right wheel for the job.
- Variable seed wheel turns, spacing from 4cm to 30cm.
- A large clear seed hopper for extended planting allows a user to easily see how much seed is remaining in the system, enabling seed quantification for future bed planning.
- Works well in a variety of soil types
- Soil scrape plate which covers the seed before the rear wheel of the system firms the bed.
- Well designed wide, flat rear wheel creates good seed to soil contact while maintaining tilth.
The Jang Seeder JP-1 is by far a game changer, this machine will serve you well over the years, paying for itself time and time again, in the first year!
At Longley Organic Farm we use this machine most weeks to quickly and accurately replant various crops in one time slot taking only minutes for each, this greatly supports stress free productivity!