Red Komatsuna | F1 Mustard Green Seed
$4.55 – $61.55 AUD excl gst
- Tasty deep red leaved Mustard Spinach
- Excellent addition to baby leaf salads and lightly sauteed in stir fry dishes
- Tender round leaves are purplish with a red top side and green with red veins underneath on upright bright green stems
- Easy to harvest as cut and come again
- Sow from spring through to early autumn for continuous harvest maturing in 21-40 days
- A small number of plants will have green leaves
- Maturity 60 days from direct sowing
SCIENTIFIC NAME: Brassica campestris
CULTURE: Sow from early spring to late summer. For bunching, sow 6-12m deep in a 5cm wide band with 15 seeds/30cm, rows 45-60cm apart. Cut when greens reach full-size (30-45cm). For baby leaf, sow 60 seeds/30cm 6-12mm deep in a5-10cm wide band. Cut entire plants at 7-15cm.
INTENSIVE SPACING: 12 rows, 6cm apart spaced every 4cm on the row
6-row seeder (C-M-T); Hole Size C, Middle pulleys,Tight brush setting.
FULL GROWTH: Plants will grow 30-45 cm if left to maturity, rows 30-45 cm spacing in bunches 5-7cm apart.
PAPERPOT TRANSPLANTER: Can be used for early spring crops use 5cm chainpots, 4 or 5 rows/75 cm bed.
HARVEST: Cut entire plants at 7-15cm.
INSECTS: Control pests with floating row covers applied at time of sowing.
AVG. DIRECT SEEDING RATE: Intensive Baby leaf: 30g/55 metres, 300 seeds/metre
SEED SPECS: 30grams – Avg. 16,500.
- Latin Name: Brassica campestris
- Days To Maturity: 21-40 baby; 60 full size
- Life Cycle: Annual
- Hybrid Status: F1