75cm Earth & Turf Compost Spreader
$6,250.00 AUD excl gst
Take the manual labour out of adding compost to market gardens and home landscapes
The Earth and Turf Spreader for 2 wheel tractors and garden ride-ons saves time and effort while increasing distribution efficiency. Forget about wheelbarrows, shovels, and rakes!
Mechanically, the all-terrain lug tyres drive a full-width, heavy-duty rubber conveyor belt, allowing the compost to evenly discharge from the front of the spreader. Once the end gate sets the spread depth, the unit continues spreading to the desired depth regardless of tractor speed. Activating a lever on the operator’s side of the unit stops the belt at the end of the row, avoiding spillage while turning around or transporting
- The Spreader lays down a regulated depth of compost with 13 settings ranging from 3mm to 25mm
- The spread width is 75cm, perfect for 75cm-wide growing beds
- And the distance between the spreader’s wheels is 112cm, so it can effectively straddle 75cm raised beds up to 15cm tall
From our testing, a full load spreading at 6mm will easily cover 2 x 30 metre beds or add an Expansion Kit to almost double capacity to .433 of a cubic metre
TOW COUPLER provided free, required to connect the spreader to walk-behind tractor or garden ride-on. Specify you model type in order notes or contact us.
The Earth and Turf Compost Spreader is designed to handle dry, granular-type materials, including:
- Calcined Kaolin clay
- Fine cut wood chips
- Infield clay for sporting fields
- Topdressing blends
Designed to get the job done
This implement is a great option for reducing the labor needed to spread compost on your garden beds! The spreader features a 75cm spreading width, stainless steel side-panels and a heavy-duty rubber conveyor belt. The unit has 15cm ground clearance and the distance between the spreader wheels is 90cm, so it can effectively straddle raised beds.
The conveyor/agitator is driven by the wheels of the spreader via a roller chain, and the output “gate” in the front is adjustable in 13 settings ranging from 1/8” (3mm) to 1” (25mm) thick material coverage. There is also a control on the spreader to disengage the drive wheels from the agitator/conveyor, so it won’t continue to spread while transporting the machine. This spreader works well with thoroughly-composted material (including composted animal manure), but if the material is not well-composted and still contains too much fibrous matter or is too wet, performance will be compromised.
This spreader will fit BCS and Grillo brand walk-behind tractors with differential-drive axle and minimum of 5x10x20” wheels (wheel weights on the tractor may be required for extra traction in some conditions). Note: If you want the tractor wheels to “straddle” your beds, the tractor will need to be equipped with axle extensions of the appropriate length (see our list of axle extensions).
A galvanised steel Expansion Kit will become available for the Spreader that will increases the carrying capacity to 0.433 M3 (15.3 cubic feet heaped -10.7 cu. ft. struck level). Alternatively the expansion kit can be easily made with timber as a DIY. With the increased capacity of an Expansion Kit, the Spreader will easily cover 4 x 30m rows spreading at a thickness of 5mm
Made in the USA, the Earth and Turf Spreader is manufactured in New Holland, PA.
For more information on the features of the Earth and Turf Compost Spreader, contact us
- Compost Spreader
- Adjustable output; 13 settings
- Chain driven; easily engage or disengage during operation
- Heavy-duty rubber conveyor belt
- Stainless steel box for longer life
- 2 year warranty
- Working width 75cm
- Total body width 90cm
- Outside width 112cm
- Maximum load capacity; 0.433 cubic metres 0r 400kg with or without the Expansion Kit
- Weight 50kg
- Fits BCS 2 wheel models; BCS 740 Ferrari 360, Pasaquali XB38 or above and Grillo G85d – G131
- Fits Ride-on type garden vehicles with hitch.
- Requires Curved Tow Coupler (version depends on tractor model)
- Requires minimum 5x10x20” wheel size on tractor (larger wheels OK too)
- Lug tyres allow the drive system to function on dirt walkways or turf