Analiese | Organic Lovage Culinary Herb Seed
$4.77 – $42.17 AUD excl gst
Specialty culinary herb
- Young leaves taste of strong aromatic celery and are used in spring salads and with potato, rice, and poultry dishes. Roots and young stems are also edible.
- Young stems can be cut, peeled, and used in salads.
- Stems round unlike celery and are smooth, hollow, and thick.
- Attracts Beneficial Insects: If allowed to flower, provides pollen and nectar for beneficial insects such as bees, hoverflies, lady beetles, parasitic wasps, etc.
- Avg. 9000 seeds/30g
SOWING: Transplant (recommended): Start 6-8 weeks before the last spring frost. Sow seeds thickly about 6mm deep in flats. Transplant to individual containers when seedlings have 4 true leaves. Transplant outdoors in spring or early summer 20-40cm apart in rows 60cm apart.
Direct seed: Lovage may be directed seeded in the spring or in early autumn for germination in the spring. Sow 1-2 seeds per inch in rows 60cm apart. When 7-10cm tall, thin to stand 15cm apart. Lovage dies back in the winter, but comes back quickly in early spring. In the spring, it can be further thinned to stand 45-60cm apart.
LIGHT PREFERENCE: Sun/Part Shade. Lovage grows best in full sun, but will tolerate part shade.
SOIL REQUIREMENTS: Performs best in moist, fertile soil, but will grow in most soils.
PLANT HEIGHT: 1.2m to 2.1m.
PLANT SPACING: 45-60cm.
HARDINESS ZONES: Zones 4-8.
HARVEST: Harvest leaves the first year once the plants have become established. Entire branches may be cut the second year.
- Latin Name; Levisticum officinale
- Days To Maturity; 90 Days