Soil Doctor Service. Regenerative Soil Diagnostics | Tailored Organic Fertiliser
$341.00 AUD excl gst
Soil diagnosis, tailored organic fertiliser and recommendations.
A bespoke remedial service for small holdings to pasture supported by independent laboratory testing.
Harnessing soil biology strengths, building on soil health.
Longley Organic Farm tailor makes bespoke regenerative fertiliser from organic inputs through our ‘Soil Doctor Service’, to best meet your garden’s nutritional requirements.
The Soil Doctor Service is high quality/low cost amelioration service, made possible with you, the client sampling your own soil with an easy DIY kit and instructional.
Your soil sample is sent off and tested for nutrient levels, pH level, organic matter and cation exchange capacity using the Mehlich 3 Extraction Method through Spectrum Analytic, in Ohio, USA. The results are then interpreted by local soil agronomist, “Backyard Agronomist” Garth Coghlan (Grad. Dip. Ag. Science).
Using a base cation saturation ratio (BCSR) mainstream approach of nutrient sufficiency
Garth will give a comprehensive report with recommendations, prescribe a remedial formula and a fertiliser will be made up by Longley Organic Farm, with your desired inputs specific to your soil’s needs, providing optimum results for its intended use.
To arrange for a soil sampling package, please contact us.
How it works:
1. Contact James through the Contact form with any questions or to arrange a time to meet us at our farm and get started.
2. Make your initial payment of $150 and collect your soil sampling kit
3. Take soil samples How to take a soil sample
4. Return your soil samples with completed garden profile form to us at our farm
5. We will send your samples off for testing and analysis and prepare your fertiliser once we receive the results (usually 2-3 weeks). We will contact you when everything is ready.
6. Pay the balance of your account and collect your results, analysis, recommendations, tailored organic fertiliser and application instructions.
Sample results, analysis and recommendations;
Please note, raw inputs can be modified to the customers preference with prior notification. The following results are a real example. Longley Organic Farm – soil analysis July 2015-1
Soil sampling package Includes:
- Soil sampling kit including instructional video,
- Independent testing and analysis,
- Comprehensive report by an agronomist with amelioration formula.
- Tailor-made complete organic fertiliser from formula; enough for up to 80m2 garden beds
- Specific application instructions and further advice
- Extra fertiliser charges apply for areas OVER 80m2 (approx. $12 per extra 10m2)
Standard Fee: $310+GST per sample/zone with fertiliser for 80m2.