Plant Sap Calcium Meter
$600.55 AUD excl gst
Convenient in-field tool for measuring crop calcium levels.
Adequate calcium is essential for cell division, cell-strength, flowering and fruit set. Calcium is also essential for plant resilience, reducing pest and disease pressure, as well as improving post-harvest condition. Typical deficiencies include stunted roots, leaf deformity, and fruit-quality conditions such as blossom-end rot, cavity spot and “bitter pit”. The Plant Sap Calcium Meter gives growers the opportunity to monitor plant calcium levels in-field. Crop calcium levels can be boosted via supplementation at the first sign of a draw-down, therefore preventing deficiency symptoms.
- In-field calcium measurement.
- Instant results; calcium requirements can be addressed faster.
- Measurement range 40 to 4000 ppm (mg/L).
- Automatic temperature compensation.
- Replacement sensor available.
- Note: Published crop specific data is limited as this is a relatively new research area. However, comparing data in your crop from season to season while noting yields and insect pressure, as well as making comparisons on sap nutrient status between healthy and suboptimal crops/plants, and comparing young and old leaves, can provide valuable information for fine tuning fertiliser inputs and correcting imbalances.