Silage Tarp For bed preparation – stale seed bedding – warehouse direct
$740.00 – $1,190.00 AUD excl gst
Triple layer for strength – black and white layers.
- Available in 12m , 15m, and 18m widths by 50 metre length
- 180 micron thickness with high tensile strength – equivalent to 200um – will not puncture when walked on, resists vermin damage.
- UV rated 2 years protection of your silage. Highest UV rating for Silage Tarps.
Silage tarp as used by J.M Fortier: used as part of a bio-intensive system.
- soil covering tarp to smother crop debris when preparing new ground
- when used on moist soil, it creates a micro environment that promotes biologically healthy soil
- use as a compliment to our minimal tillage system
- 2-4 weeks post crop, pre-rotation to next
- passively preparing the soil for the next seeding while also weeding it just like false seedbed would
- the tarp creates warm moist conditions in which weed seeds germinate, but the young weeds are then killed by the absence of light. (The process of the tarp blocking sunlight is referred to as occultaion.)