Silage Tarp – for bed preparation/ stale weed bedding – warehouse direct
$740.00 – $1,190.00 AUD excl gst
Triple layer for strength – black and white layers.
Current stock of 12m, 15m and 18m is 180um thickness. 150um thickness will be available again in late September 2019.
- Available in 12m , 15m, and 18m widths by 50 metre length
- 180 micron thickness with high tensile strength – equivalent to 200um – will not puncture when walked on, resists vermin damage. Easier to handle and move tarps for permabeds and for stale bedding than the heavier 200um equivalents.
- UV rated 2 years protection of your silage. Highest UV rating for Silage Tarps.
Please Note: Shipping price will be monitored to ensure pricing is correctly applied on a case by case basis.
Silage tarp as used by J.M Fortier: used as part of a bio-intensive system.
- soil covering tarp to smother crop debris when preparing new ground
- when used on moist soil, it creates a micro environment that promotes biologically healthy soil
- use as a compliment to our minimal tillage system
- 2-4 weeks post crop, pre-rotation to next
- passively preparing the soil for the next seeding while also weeding it just like false seedbed would
- the tarp creates warm moist conditions in which weed seeds germinate, but the young weeds are then killed by the absence of light. (The process of the tarp blocking sunlight is referred to as Occultaion.)