Silage Tarp For bed preparation – stale seed bedding – warehouse direct
$630.00 – $1,190.00 AUD excl gst
- Triple layer for strength – black and white layers.
- Available in 12m , 15m, and 18m widths by 50 metre length
- 150 and 180 micron thickness options with high tensile strength – will not puncture when walked on, resists vermin damage.
- UV rated 2 years protection of your silage, highest UV rating for silage tarps.
- Used by leading bio-intensive market farmers.
- soil covering tarp for smothering crop debris when preparing new ground
- when used on moist soil, it creates a micro environment that promotes biologically healthy soil
- use as a compliment to our minimal tillage system
- 2-4 weeks post crop, pre-rotation to next
- passively preparing the soil for the next seeding while also weeding it just like false seedbed would
- the tarp creates warm moist conditions in which weed seeds germinate, but the young weeds are then killed by the absence of light. (The process of the tarp blocking sunlight is referred to as occultaion.)